The Montreal Estate - Renewable Enterprise
The Montreal Estate, as a forward thinking business, is investing in renewable technology. We are commissioning a biomass wood boiler which will form part of a District Heating Initiative and which will be powered by wood from within our own forests. We are also investing in Solar Technology with solar panels being put on barn roofs to produce a more sustainable energy source for the farm.
Commercial Electrical and Solar PV Case Study
System Size 249.895kWp
Location Edenbridge, Kent
Number of PV panels 943 X Jinko JKM265P-60
Inverters 10 X SMA Sunny TriPower
Annual Yield 201720 kWh
Annual CO2 savings 105826 Kg
In May 2014 Poweri Services were approached about being an electrical and solar PV design consultant for an eco-friendly renovation and expansion project being undertaken at Coakham Farm in Kent. The site at the time comprised 4 houses and various old farm buildings.
The owners of the site, the Green Family, wanted to expand and update the capacity of the farm services on the site, and to provide as much of the heat and power for the site as possible from environmentally friendly sources as well as building their own home there.
Initially, Poweri Services were helping to design and specify the new 250kWp solar PV system at the site, as well as the comprehensive electrical re-fit involving a replacement substation and conversion of all of the individual electricity supplies onto one private supply helping to driver better energy monitoring and efficiency across the site.
Ultimately Poweri Services also tendered for and won the installation works contracts for both the Solar PV system and the Electrical re-fit.
We have worked over the course of around 12 months alongside various other contractors including the companies building the new house, the new farm buildings, installing the biomass fuelled district heating system and the comprehensive monitoring and control systems used across the site.
Power Services have in the course of this project:-
– Designed and installed the new private supply electricity network for the 5 houses and the various farm buildings, with sub-metering across the site
– Co-ordinated the local DNO and metering companies to change the old 150KVA substation for the new 800KVA one with minimal site down time
– Designed and installed the 250KWp solar PV system which will (Net) provide the bulk of the electrical energy required by the site over the course of the year
– Installed the hardware for the KNX control systems that now oversee and co-ordinate the energy usage for the whole site
– Installed a comprehensive Lighting and surge protection system across the site